In today’s construction environment, projects have become so large that a higher level of construction management is often required: Program Management.
DCPI provides a range of services throughout a program, from early feasibility studies to move-in and start-up of operations. Our construction professionals will develop and oversee the award of contracts, procure materials, develop budgets and schedules and manage the necessary reporting and communications. Services are tailored to meet each owner’s individual needs.
DCPI ‘s record of success on program management assignments has been built by the dedicated teams we assemble at the beginning of a program. Our approach keeps this same team involved throughout the project so that there is a deep understanding of the client’s goals and project delivery preferences.
Working side-by-side with the owner and the design team, DCPI develops integrated plans for logistics, management of budgets and schedules to coordinate the worksite for the most efficient use of resources.
Program Management services include:
- Providing a single point of management throughout the entire design and construction process
- Developing the scope of work for various project participants
- Assisting with selection of design, engineering, testing and inspection professionals
- Maximizing front-end planning to expedite the construction process
- Managing programming, planning, design and construction
- Serving as an extension of our clients existing staff
- Suggesting a variety of delivery systems for design and construction
- Establishing and managing budget and schedule
- Providing value engineering input and cost analysis
- Preparing bid packages and managing the bid process
- Establishing and maintaining quality control standards
- Providing periodic reports reviewing the status of each project
- Providing traditional construction management services
Project & Construction Management
DCPI provides a wide range of construction advisory services in the Mid-Atlantic & Southeast Regions and beyond, including many significant engagements in Maryland, Washington, D.C. and Florida. Our innovative approach enables us to consistently deliver a quality program, from concept through closeout. We strive to exceed client expectations and our reputation for integrity and excellence is impeccable.
Project Risk Management
Construction projects are exposed to risk from concept to completion. To manage those risks, DCPI employs proven strategies during the project development, design and construction phases.
Our professionals have efficiently analyzed and investigated thousands of construction claim issues for major industry sectors and are frequently called upon to assess troubled projects and oversee completion. DCPI combines our construction management skills with the analytical tools and wealth of experience gained from resolving construction disputes to provide comprehensive risk management services.
Using our understanding of how things go wrong, we apply proven strategies and systematic processes to identify and monitor risks while ensuring that the appropriate stakeholder is assigned to each risk. DCPI performs root cause analysis to traditional construction problems and disputes to uncover hidden risks inherent in procedures, processes and performance that often lead to cost and time impacts. Once identified, risk management plans are developed along with actions to remove or minimize the threats to a successful project. Additionally, risk and opportunity go hand-in-hand and systematic risk management often results in the identification of opportunities for adding value to a project.
Risk Management services include:
- CPM scheduling services
- Change-order negotiations validation
- Contract document (key-clause) reviews and decision-tree development
- Payment specification
- Earned value management and analysis
- Independent entitlement assessments
- Issue monitoring and analysis of trends (documents, change management, cost and schedule)
- Project controls development, review and oversight
- Project monitoring
- Project documentation audits
- Peer review of existing PM/CM team
- Periodic progress reviews
- Risk register creation and monitoring
- Quantitative risk assessment (cost/scheduling contingency assessment)
DCPI is known for its innovative implementation of project management techniques and controls that move a project forward on time and within budget. We also understand the importance of keeping all project participants informed with up-to-date progress reports to gauge a project’s status.
Successful project management is driven by proactive decision-making during the early stages of planning and design. DCPI’s record of success on project management assignments has been built by the teams that are assembled at the beginning of a project. Our approach keeps this team involved throughout the job, maintaining consistent involvement during the entire project.
We develop overall, integrated plans for logistics, management of budgets, expenditures and schedules to coordinate the worksite for the most efficient use of resources. Our professionals utilize their skills to achieve outstanding results providing key project management services.
Project Management services include:
- Scope definition and management
- Establishment and maintenance of communications procedures
- Budget development
- Master schedule development
- Site selection assistance
- Architect/engineer selection advisory
- Specialty consultant selection advisory
- Development of project-specific websites
- Cost estimating and value analysis
- Identifying phasing alternatives and establishing milestones
- Constructability and bid-ability reviews
- Procedures and logistics assessment
- General conditions and contract requirements advisory
- Assistance with testing/inspection sub-contractors
- Bid phase management
- CPM scheduling and schedule monitoring
- Cost control oversight
- Professional on-site management
- Leadership of job coordination meetings
- Contract administration and management
- Regular inspection and quality assurance enforcement
- Progress and financial reporting
- Documentation and file maintenance
- Change order management
- Open item tracking and reporting
- Issue avoidance and dispute resolution
- Contract closeout supervision
- Commissioning oversight
Let's Start Something new
Want to know how to get started on a project? Contact DCPI using the form below and a representative will be in touch with you shortly.